Dihexa peptide, also known as N-hexanoic-Tyr-Ile-(6) aminohexanoic amide, is a research chemical that has gained attention for its potential cognitive-enhancing properties. While still in the early stages of research, Dihexa peptide has shown promise in improving memory, enhancing neuroplasticity, and providing neuroprotection. If you want to take this supplement, you should know its benefits, dosage, and various ways to use it. So here is a quick guide for you, after which you can decide whether to consume it or research more about it.
Benefits of Dihexa Peptide Supplementation
- Enhances Memory and Learning
It has been shown to enhance memory and learning in animal models. In a study that was published in the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, it improved spatial memory in rats. The rats given Dihexa performed better in the Morris water maze test, a spatial memory test.
- Improves Neuroplasticity
It has been shown to improve neuroplasticity, which is the brain’s ability to form new neural connections. A study in the Journal of Neuroscience shows that it increased the number of dendritic spines in the brains of rats. Dendritic spines are small protrusions on neurons’ surfaces that transmit neural signals.
Dihexa peptide is neuroprotective, which means that it protects neurons from damage or degeneration. Dihexa was shown to protect neurons from amyloid beta-induced toxicity in a study published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease. Amyloid beta is a protein that is associated with the development of Alzheimer’s disease.
It has been shown to have anti-depressive effects in animal models. In a study published in the Journal of Neurochemistry, it was shown to increase the levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). This protein is involved in the regulation of mood.
Different ways to take Dihexa supplements
There are different ways to consume this supplement, so you can choose which one to go for per your needs and comfort.
- Oral Consumption: One of the most common ways to take it is through oral consumption. The recommended dosage is typically between 1-10mg per day, depending on the individual’s needs and the intended use of the supplement.
- Sublingual Administration: Another way to take supplements is through sublingual administration. It involves placing the powder under the tongue and allowing it to dissolve. This method is believed to provide faster and more efficient absorption.
- Intravenous Injection: Intravenous injection is not recommended for self-administration and should only be performed by a medical professional. Intravenous injection provides the most rapid and efficient absorption of the supplement.
- Transdermal Patches: Transdermal patches are a newer method of Dihexa supplement administration. It is applied to the skin, and the supplement is absorbed through the skin. This method may be less efficient than others, but it may be a viable option for those who prefer not to consume the supplement orally.
Regardless of the chosen method, starting with a low dosage and gradually increasing it over time is crucial, as a medical professional recommends. It is also important to monitor potential side effects closely and discontinue use if any adverse reactions occur.
Dihexa peptide supplementation can enhance memory, improve neuroplasticity, and provide neuroprotection. However, its long-term effects and potential risks are unknown. As with any research chemical, it is vital to approach the supplementation with caution and to only use it under the guidance of a medical professional. In the future, additional research on Dihexa peptide may provide a better understanding of its efficacy and safety.